Popularity. Ahem. It's important to let you know here that I have never been a fan of rank. Of status. Of being considered the in-crowd. It's also important for me to note here that no one really longs for rejection either. I am writer. My words dwell within. I move them without. Without concern for who deems me best. Without certainty that they will be read. Without a notion of angst that it's anything other than what I was meant to do.
That's how I know I'm a writer.
Today marks the very last day of 2014. And tallying across the blogosphere has commenced. Google Analytics is kinda the trusty rock in most any blogger's pocket. This stone is fingered for both good luck, no whammies & safe keeping, I would imagine. Like Shakira says, "The Hips Don't Lie." Only for the blogger, it's Google Analytics.
People read me. My numbers are growing. New eyes are finding me, too. Does that make me happy? Of course, it does. But I am never after popularity. I am after connections. Relationships. And most importantly being a vessel of real in what ever form that comes.
According to the Google rock in my pocket, I am most read for my Cheap Thrills Thursday posts. The weekly edition that consists of me, my front porch & one of my sons snapping pictures of Goodwill fashion scores. I love Thursday posts. It's so my hope to encourage repurposing, not to mention, saving your money for the bigger things in life.
According to the Google rock in my pocket, I just so happen to be most read for my frugal front porch antics. Above are the 12 most popular Cheap Thrills Thursday posts. Below is a brief summary of each beginning from top left to right by rows:
- Life is Fashionable Ahh, the time I received a little Jordache love via Instagram & Twitter.
- Power & Prints Wearing what feels good. Wearing what you love.
- Hot Summer Date Night Punky Brewster. Heart sunglasses. Legs. Heels.
- Sans Fashion when you are running laaaaaate, y'all.
- Sweatervestin' There is power in the vest, people. POWER.
- Fashtastic I bought a hand made FULL length dress made by a Mamaw at Goodwill.
- All Skate 1 shorts jumpsuit >>> 4 seasonal outfits. BOOM.
- Cuffs & Scallops If I ever was gonna be in the corporate world, I would wear this.
- Neutral Ground Huge fan of navy. It's my new drug. 3 looks::1 neutral heel
- Cardi Party This happened all September long. A true Mister Roger's Salute.
- The Middle Fashion + memories never disappoint.
- Hidden Confidence seeking.
The other top ranked non-fashion posts for 2014 were:
October 31 Days : A Celebration of Wardrobe & Words. This month long gift was so well received.
Recipe For Her. Apparently men appreciate a little Valentine's Day help.
Behind the Pigskin. The love that lives in the heart of a coach's wife.
How Forever Feels. A little message for my Kenny.
The Dream Over the Dollar. A bit about my guest speaking services in finding the look for less.
The Bite of Us. Some candid thoughts on social media.
2014 leaves me thankful. I am honored to be a blogger growing. But, most of all, I cherish the opportunity to write, to laugh, to be real and to spread hope to anyone who finds this space worthy enough to stick around for awhile. Popularity can come & go, but words will always trump any Google Analytic rock in my pocket.
Thanks for a great 365, peeps!